SEmG
Ham Street Station, between Ashford and Hastings as seen on a beautiful sunny 7th June 2009. This view is of the front of the main station building. The station, which was previously called Ham Street & Orlestone, remained gas-lit until the 1970s.

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

Hamstreet
 
Hamstreet Here we see the platform side of the building, situated on the Ashford-bound platform. Opened on 13th February 1851, the "Marshlink" managed to survive threatened closures under the Beeching Plan and after.

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

All photographs are copyright

return to Southern Maps

return to sundry stations index page

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 15 January 2010

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!