SEmG  
Headcorn was the junction station where Col Stephens' Kent & East Sussex Railway left the main line between Tonbridge and Ashford for its leisurely meander across to Robertsbridge. This photograph shows the runing-in board viewed from the K&ESR platform in 1953, the year before closure.

photograph: G.W.Morant/Mike Morant collection

Headcorn
 
Headcorn The K&ESR train in the platform at Headcorn, with O1 class Nº31065, now preserved on the Bluebell Railway, at the front of the train.

photograph: G.W.Morant/Mike Morant collection

 
Hever station, on the line from Hurst Green Junction to Eridge and Uckfield, taken in the mid 60s when the line was double track throughout. The station building still exists but has been converted to a private dwelling. The line is still double track from Hurst Green Junction to Hever but becomes single immediately beyond the eastern end of the station (behind the photographer).

photograph by Keith Harwood

Hever
 
Hever A much later view of the station taken on the Network SouthEast Uckfield line 'Gala Day' during October 1988. Note the platform canopy has now been dismantled and removed and the upper story windows have been blanked off.

photograph by Mark Westcott

 
View from the Hove footbridge looking west on 5 May 1978. The goods yard is on the right as 7755 arrives with a train for Brighton.

photograph by Glen Woods

Hove
 
Hove The east end of the station taken on the same day, the signal box has since been demolished.

photograph by Glen Woods

All photographs are copyright

return to Southern Maps

return to sundry stations index page

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 3 May 2010

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!