SEmG
The Carshalton Station that was opened with the Peckham Rye to Sutton via Mitcham Junction line in 1868. Prior to this there had been another station named Carshalton, but this was on the West Croydon to Sutton line and was renamed Wallington.

photograph reproduced by arrangement with Honeywood Heritage Centre, Carshalton, courtesy of Tony Price

Carshalton
 
Carshalton Beeches Carshalton Beeches is between Wallington and Sutton. Opened on 1st October 1906 as a Halt, it was upgraded to a station on 1st April 1925. This photograph is of the first ac overhead electric train on its first day as a station.

photograph reproduced by arrangement with Honeywood Heritage Centre, Carshalton, courtesy of Tony Price

 
Almost nineteen years earlier and Terrier Nº661 is seen propelling its autocoach having just left Carshalton Beeches station. This is the same engine as can be seen on the Wallington page on the first day of the operation of these trains.

photograph reproduced by arrangement with Honeywood Heritage Centre, Carshalton, courtesy of Tony Price

Nr Carshalton Beeches
 
Charing Charing station in Kent, the last station before Ashford on the line from Maidstone East.

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

All photographs are copyright

return to Southern Maps

return to sundry stations index page

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 24 June 2011

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!